If you’ve ever had dinner at a nice restaurant and left the table, you probably returned to find your napkin neatly folded and reset in place. Proper dinner etiquette teaches that what we do with our napkin when we leave a table is an important indication as to whether or not we plan to return. When Jesus ate His Last Supper with the Disciples, He left a very important clue about what was about to happen and His intention to return to the table. Join us for the final message in the With This Cup Series where we look beyond religion to see God’s bigger plan.
“I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vineMatthew 26:26-29
until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”
With this cup…
- we look beyond religion (Matthew 26:27-29)
- we look beyond our present circumstances (John 14:1-6 & 16:33)
- we look beyond the grave (John 20:1-6)
As you prepare to take the bread and dip it in this cup…
- Which word(s) best describes your relationship with God? Which words do you want to describe your relationship with Him?
Intimate – Distant – Growing – Hostile – Stagnant – Passionate
- List anything in your life preventing your relationship with God from becoming what you want it to be. What will you do this week to draw closer to Jesus?
- Are you facing a difficult circumstance that is overshadowing your eternal hope? How can Jesus’ actions help you to look beyond that circumstance?
- Have you suffered a devastating loss? How does Jesus’ resurrection give you hope in the face of that loss?
Sunday: John 14
Monday: John 15
Tuesday: John 16
Wednesday: 2 Corinthians 4
Thursday: Mark 14
Friday: Mark 15
Saturday: Mark 16