Herod: Self-Serving (see Mark 8:36; Matthew 6:1 & 24)
Wise Men: Significant (see Luke 20:25; Matthew 6:19)
Jesus: Sacrificial (see John 3:16; Romans 5:8)
Take some time before Christmas to answer these questions:
- Which king represents the condition of your heart this Christmas?
- This Christmas are you paying homage to the Kingdom of Herod or the Kingdom of Jesus?
- How does the time you’ve spent shopping compare to the time you’ve spent in personal and corporate worship?
- Have you spent more time preparing your house for guests than you have your heart for the Savior?
- What are we teaching future generations about the meaning of Christmas?