Jesus modeled the kind of selfless service He called His disciples to practice. In fact, it was the selfless service of the early Christians that attracted the attention of the entire Roman world and led to the rapid growth of the first-century church. Join us for part two of Selfless where we will learn the secret to selfless service and why it is still essential for following Jesus.
“When you serve more, you take less.Craig Groeschel
When you give more, you need less.
When you thank more, you want less.
When there’s more of God, you’re selfless.”
How to practice selfless service:
- Avoid selfish ambition and vain conceit. (Philippians 2:3)
– Pride makes us do wrong things for wrong reasons:
– Pride makes us do the right things for the wrong reasons:
– Pride prevents us from doing the right things for the wrong reasons:
- Embrace the attitude of Jesus Christ (Philippians 3:4-8)
– Set down your “rights” (Humility)
– Pick up the “towel” (Service)
– Take on “flesh” (Incarnation)
- Live exclusively for the glory of God (Philippians 3:9-11)
Day 1: Philippians 2
Day 2: John 13
Day 3: Matthew 25
Day 4: 1 Samuel 17
Day 5: Mark 11
Day 6: Luke 22
Unoffendable, by Brant Hanson
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper