How should followers of Jesus respond to the chaos and discord of the world around us? The launching of Jesus’ ministry offers us an unexpected answer. Join us for part two of Inception where we explore the message of Jesus’ cousin John and how that message and Jesus’ response helps us begin the process of changing the world around us.
Passage (read it):
Principles (know them):
The mission to change the world begins with the person in the mirror.
Practices (do them):
- Isaiah 40:3-5
- What do you need to do to prepare the way for Jesus?
- What valleys need filling in? (Gaps in your integrity)
- What mountains need to be leveled? (Behaviors, habits, addictions you need to surrender)
- What crooked paths do I need to straighten? (Where are you taking short-cuts?)
- What rough places do I need to smooth out? (Character flaws you need to address)
- See this week’s small group discussion guide
Jesus said that John the Baptist was the greatest person ever born. That is quite a compliment! This week’s readings all focus on John, his life, ministry, and death. As you read these passages, ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes to what made Jesus think so much of John and how you might learn from his example.
Luke for Everyone, by N.T. Wright