Many campaigns in America have degenerated into contests to see which candidate can make more people afraid of his or her opponent. They do all they can to portray “the other guy” as evil, unfit, and bent on destroying life as we know it. Jesus warned His followers not to be deceived by “wolves in sheep’s clothing.” Join us for part two of Jesus 2020 as we uncover the real enemy of American, why politicians are powerless to save us, and the identity of the only leader who can.
Why we need a leader:
We are like sheep and sheep must have a shepherd.
The threat we face from bad and incompetent leaders:
- Bad leader (John 10:1, 10 and Matthew 7:15-16)
- Incompetent leader (John 10:12-13)
- The REAL enemy (Ephesians 6:11-12)
The test of the true leader:
- He calls His own by name and they recognize His voice (John 10:14-15)
- He lays down His life for the sheep (John 10:10)
- He has other sheep (John 10:16)
How should Kingdom people respond in this election?
- Refuse to believe that either candidate is the Good Shepherd.
- Recognize where your own party/candidate doesn’t measure up to Jesus and seek to influence change from within
- Look to Jesus as the shepherd of your soul (1 Peter 2:25)