We measure financial success by how much of our wealth we are able to stockpile. But the “extra” money and resources we possess can become the very thing that takes possession of us. After you’re dead, other people will take possession of everything you’ve “saved” for one of two reasons. Join us for part 2 of Money Talks to discover those reasons and what your money is saying about your faith.
Your money talks about the condition of your heart.
Your money talks about where you’ve placed your faith.
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. – 1 Timothy 6:17 (NIV)
Avoid: arrogance and misplaced hope
Pursue: faith in God, good deeds, and generosity
- Answer this question: Why have I been given so much?
- Determine a percentage of your income to give away as an antidote to any potential negative effects of wealth.
- Don’t spend any change from now until Christmas. Bring it all to our Making Change jar and together we will see how much we can bless someone this holiday season!
- Read one of the suggested books on today’s sermon outline.
- Register for Financial Peace University (January 2022)
- Register for GOJax
Day 1: 1 Timothy 6
Day 2: Matthew 6
Day 3: Luke 12
Day 4: Luke 20
Day 5: Luke 21
Day 6: Ecclesiastes 2
How to Be Rich, by Andy Stanley
The Power of Half, by Kevin Salwen
The Hole in Our Gospel, by Richard Stearns
The 100 Thing Challenge, by Dave Bruno
More than Enough, by Dave Ramsey
Passing the Plate, by Christian Smith