“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” – 2 Chronicles 7:14
Extraordinary times call for extraordinary prayer. As Christ’s ambassadors, we are called to intercede for all people and seek the welfare of our city (see 2 Corinthians 5:20, Ephesians 2:11-22, and Jeremiah 29:7)
Because we take this high calling seriously and because we believe God is the only One who can heal our land from both the plague of COVID-19 and the scars of racism, violence, hatred, and injustice, we are calling the members of Southside Baptist Church to Forty Days of Prayer (July 14 – August 29). We are encouraging everyone to stop and pray for our city, state, nation, and world every day at 7:14 a.m. and 7:14 p.m.
Calendar of Events:
- July 7 – July Call to Prayer
- July 14 – Day of Prayer and Fasting
- July 15 and 19 – Launch new sermon series: Jeremiah: A Prophet for the City
- July 19 – SALT meeting
- August 2 – Regional Gatherings begin on campus each Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m.
- August 2 – Beach Baptism at Hanna Park at 5:00 p.m.
- August 4 – Call to Prayer at 7:00 p.m.
- August 29 – Final day of 7:14 Forty Days of Prayer